Chair, Department of Surgery
Director, Maimonides Breast Center
Anytime you discover any kind of abnormalities related to your breast, it is important that you get it investigated by a healthcare professional. Women having breast cancer would be able to notice one or two symptoms initially. However, the presence these symptoms do not always mean that you have breast cancer. Here are some of the common symptoms that you should not be neglected:
Change in the way the nipple or breast feels
- Tenderness of nipple or a presence of a lump near or in the breast or underarm
- Enlargement of the pores present on the skin of the breast or change in the texture
Change in Appearance
- A change in size or shape of the breast
- Swelling of the breast without any explanations
- Asymmetry of the breasts
- Inverted or inwardly turned nipples
- Presence of scales on the nipples or the skin of the breast or they becoming red and swollen
Milky discharge while breastfeeding is normal. However, if a milky discharge from the nipples is experienced otherwise, it should be checked by a healthcare professional.
It might not be linked with breast cancer but it should be checked.
These are the breast cancer symptoms that should be neglected and make sure that you regularly inspect your breasts for signs and symptoms as breast cancer if diagnosed at the right time is completely curable.
Patrick Borgen MD is one person whom you can turn to in case you experience any of these symptoms. He tries and makes the entire treatment procedure easy and simple for the patients and you can check out his website to have an idea about the services he offers. He has many achievements in his hat and is one of the best known cancer healer in New York.