Breast cancer is the development of cancer in the breasts and the symptoms include presence of lumps in the breast, milky discharge from the nipples or changes in the shape or size of the breasts.
The exact causes of breast cancer are yet to be known and it is said that it happens when the cells present in the breasts start multiplying abnormally and faster as compared to the healthy cells. This leads to the formation of a lump and this can spread throughout the breasts. In fact, it can also spread to the other parts of the body and also the lymph nodes present in the breast.
Breast cancer can also be caused due to genes inherited from parents and that percentage is 5 – 10%. There are however, several risk factors that are responsible for the development of breast cancer and some of the include the fact that you are a woman, obesity, ionization radiation, early menstruation age, lack of physical exercise, having no children or late children, old age, drinking alcohol, hormone therapy and a few others.
As there are several risk factors that increase the chances of having breast cancer, there are ways by which it can be prevented. Obviously, preventing the risk factors is what you need to do first. Here is a list that you can follow:
- Regular exercise, a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet can prevent this disease
- Breastfeeding also reduces the risk of breast cancer
- Medication and mastectomy is recommended to women who have a high chance of acquiring this disease
You can consult Patrick Borgen MD for more details regarding breast cancer. He is an experienced MD and he can be researching on breast cancer for many years. His treatment procedure has minimum side effects and check is website for more details.
Patrick Borgen, MD
Chair, Department of Surgery
Director, Maimonides Breast Center
Anytime you discover any kind of abnormalities related to your breast, it is important that you get it investigated by a healthcare professional. Women having breast cancer would be able to notice one or two symptoms initially. However, the presence these symptoms do not always mean that you have breast cancer. Here are some of the common symptoms that you should not be neglected:
Change in the way the nipple or breast feels
- Tenderness of nipple or a presence of a lump near or in the breast or underarm
- Enlargement of the pores present on the skin of the breast or change in the texture
Change in Appearance
- A change in size or shape of the breast
- Swelling of the breast without any explanations
- Asymmetry of the breasts
- Inverted or inwardly turned nipples
- Presence of scales on the nipples or the skin of the breast or they becoming red and swollen
Milky discharge while breastfeeding is normal. However, if a milky discharge from the nipples is experienced otherwise, it should be checked by a healthcare professional.
It might not be linked with breast cancer but it should be checked.
These are the breast cancer symptoms that should be neglected and make sure that you regularly inspect your breasts for signs and symptoms as breast cancer if diagnosed at the right time is completely curable.
Patrick Borgen MD is one person whom you can turn to in case you experience any of these symptoms. He tries and makes the entire treatment procedure easy and simple for the patients and you can check out his website to have an idea about the services he offers. He has many achievements in his hat and is one of the best known cancer healer in New York.
The sudden rise of breast cancer rate all over the world has left both men and women worried, especially if you have crossed 40 years. This cancer is a malignant tumor formed in the breast and a very common disease diagnosed among the women; although men are also found to have breast cancer the percentage is low.
Surgery is the most common treatment followed by other treatments to enable patients to get rid of the cancer-cells. The doctor suggests the best plan for your treatment on the basis of the cancer type, its aggressiveness, and stage. The treatment option also depends on the other health factors.
Here are some proven and best treatments available to cure breast cancer:
- Lumpectomy: Instead of removing the entire breast, the surgeon performs lumpectomy, which removes only that portion of the breast where the tumor has formed.
- Mastectomy: In this form of treatment one breast or both the breasts are removed. It also includes removal of the lymph nodes from armpit area, in case the cancer spreads there.
- Radiation: High-energy rays are used to destroy cancer cells or to reduce the size of the tumors that exists in the breast.
- Chemotherapy: A combination of drugs is given to the patient to slow down the growth of cancer cells or destroy it permanently.
- Hormone Therapy: In case the cancer is sensitive to hormone, this therapy helps to decelerate or cease the growth of the tumor.
Patrick Borgen MD, chairman of the Department of Surgery at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York and the leader of the Brooklyn Breast Cancer Program at Maimonides Cancer Center is a highly efficient doctor who can provide you best consultancy and help you to fight back against this fatal disease. He has also succeeded to bring down the postoperative pain once the surgery is done. So, if you are suffering from breast cancer, do not hesitate to visit him. He can come up with best available solution for you.